People...Who Need People

by Charlotte Bennardo 


 Photo by Belle Co from Pexels

Gratitude is the theme for the month. Reading the posts by my colleagues, it seems they've listed all the things I'm grateful for like daffodils, family, health, a good book, etc. So I'm going to take a little different route. Instead of things, I'm listing those people I'm grateful for. Of course my family and friends are at the top of the list. But there are so many others who are deserving of our gratitude:

Of course healthcare workers, First Responders, all volunteers and essential workers. 

But I want to say Thank you! to:

    *librarians who help me find books and answers.

    *people who stop to rescue an animal in distress.

    *those dog owners who don't leave plastic bags of their dog's poop in other people's yards, in the woods, on the side of roads and trails, in the road, on my church's property, or anywhere else it shouldn't be.

    *those people who stop to buy a homeless person a meal.

    *all those great kids who use their birthday, allowance, or other money they've earned to buy desperately needed items for those in a tough bind.

    *for the stranger on the street who offers a smile, a kind word, or an open door.

    *customer service people good at their job who calm me down and solve my problem.

    *anyone who says "Go R U!" when I wear my Rutgers sweatshirt.

    *fellow bikers, hikers, and outdoorsmen who are courteous- move over to give other people space to go by safely.

    *anyone who posts a funny meme on social media that brings a smile or laugh, without being at the expense of someone else.

    I try to be these people (well, not a librarian or a customer service rep). How nice if we all could be as kind as them. Let's give it a try! 

Comments

  1. I am also grateful for the people who make connections and reach out in ways that make us feel noticed, valued, loved. Acts of kindness are what get us through life with optimism.Thanks Char.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment