Writing Pitfalls (March Theme) by Kristin Levine


Writing group today reminded me of a mistake I sometimes make - which is feeling like I must perfect a piece of writing before I show it to anyone.  Now, I'm not saying you should send off an unpolished draft to an agent or editor, but sometimes another opinion, a fresh pair of eyes, can help to resolve a problem in half the time.

Another mistake middle-grade writers sometimes make is only getting feedback from other (adult) writers.  Kids make wonderful advance readers and can sometimes put their finger on a problem that grown-ups miss. 

Now I'm off to convince my nine year old and her friends to read another draft of my new book!   

Comments

  1. This is so true. We need feedback at all levels of the writing. Thanks for this great reminder Kristin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment