September Memories by Danette Vigilante

As a kid of the 70’s, one of the biggest and best highlights of my Septembers were the premieres of new television shows. Back then my days were simple: homework, play outside until mom called me home for dinner (“DA-nette, DA-nette” echoing throughout the entire neighborhood), bath time, and then television until it was time to go to sleep (after going to ‘sleep’ I read beneath my covers way past my bed time).


There was something comforting about how our living room glowed by the blue light of the television set. Even today the theme songs of Mash, The Odd Couple, What’s Happening, Welcome Back Kotter and many others make me feel warm and cozy! 

Comments

  1. You can tell theat I am a child of the 70s, too-- the cover of the TV Guide made me feel warm and fuzzy. We didn't watch a lot of television (although M*A*S*H* was on every night from 7-8), but it was more of an event when new programs came on. And Little House on Monday night. Sigh. Thanks for the nice memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TV guide made me feel the same way! Totally transported back to childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a child of the '80s: THE COSBY SHOW. Thursday night. I still watch the reruns. It's comfort TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so loved when the Fall Preview came out, you always got an idea about what was coming and which shows got cut. Thanks for the warm fuzzy memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment