All That Remains is Gold

 Wow! Is summer flying by! It's been a season of ups and downs, and when things get too overwhelming or I find myself needing to comfort a loved one, a friend, even myself - I often turn to books.


New books offer plenty of wisdom and comfort, but I think we often hear in our heads the voices of the ones we know so well.


My favorite classic book is The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery. "And he went back to meet the fox.

"Goodbye," he said."

Goodbye," said the fox. "And here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential to the eye."

"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated so that he would be sure to remember. 

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes rose so important."

"It is the time that I have wasted for my rose - " said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember."

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose..."

"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.""


What is your favorite classic book, or one you go to for comfort?

Happy reading!

AM Peaslee



(https://www.etsy.com/listing/1118669762/fabric-poster-panel-fabric-little-prince)

Comments

Post a Comment