A Message from Your Pencil (poem)

 This month we're talking about our favorite office supplies. 

Goodness, there are so many I love: index cards, paper clips, journals journals journals! 

"junk" journal where I keep
Very. Important. Thoughts.

And what about post-it notes?? I use them everywhere and for EVERYTHING!

a post-it vision board (of sorts)
for a wip!

But the one office supply that has most captured my imagination is the pencil. Please enjoy this poem with a (simple) message. Pencil thanks you for reading. :)


--

Irene Latham is a grateful creator of many novels, poetry collections, and picture books, including the coauthored Can I Touch Your Hair?: Poems of Race, Mistakes, and Friendship, which earned a Charlotte Huck Honor, and The Cat Man of Aleppo, which won a Caldecott Honor. Irene lives on a lake in rural Alabama.

Comments

  1. I love this poem. The simplest things often work the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pencils are the best! I never leave home without one...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment