This Poet's Ideal (Snow) Day

 Hello, Irene Latham here! I live in a state (Alabama) where snow doesn't come all that often...and when it does, EVERYTHING shuts down. It's kind of wonderful. :)


Now that our children are grown, snow days are...quieter! Here's how I like to spend mine:

waking up, rushing to the windows

taking/sharing pictures

quick breakfast

back in bed to write for a while

bundle up, head out in the snow for snow angels, snow man, etc. (depending on type and amount of snow) and always always more pictures


snow cream! (in your favorite mug or bowl, mix snow + milk + vanilla flavoring. Yum!)

back in bed to read

up for lunch

meditation/short nap (yep, back in bed! I love my bed! :)

walk outside with Paul and Rosie (if it's safe/not too slippery)


writing a couple hours at my desk (maybe...maybe back in bed!)

cello practice (something like this)

art project (currently I'm obsessed with papercutting!)

whatever-we-got soup for supper (makes for some interesting flavors!)

movie/Netflix with Paul (currently All Creatures Great and Small)

more reading before bed

dream of snow!



For more snow (and other weather) poems, visit my ArtSpeak: Four Seasons gallery! Thanks so much for reading. 

Comments

Post a Comment