My October Sky by Megan

One of my favorite song lyrics comes from Ani DiFranco:
...when I look down,
I just miss all the good stuff.
And when I look up,
I just trip over things
.

On Wednesday October 2nd, 2013, I decided to risk tripping in hopes of seeing the good stuff. As I went around my daily routine, I paused to look up at the sky. This started as a way to fulfill the creative assignment for October, but proved to be an exercise in mindfulness.

Here are a few pictures that capture what I saw.

Biddeford, ME 10:30 am
 Stopped at a traffic light, driving from the YMCA, where I swam laps, to the Kennebunk Town Offices to pay property taxes.



Kennebunk, ME 11:15 am
On the way into the Kennebunk Free Library. Unfortunately I forgot the library doesn't open until 12:30 on Wednesdays.


Kennebunk, ME 12:45 pm
At the playground. My kids and I had a picnic lunch after my son's preschool.



West Kennebunk, ME 1:30 pm
Work time. The view of the sky from my office window. The writing was not the best today, but at least there was writing.


Mother's Beach, Kennebunk, ME 5:00 pm
 Our family welcomes this extra beach day in October.


West Kennebunk, ME 8:00 pm
The kids are in bed, back to work.

Comments

  1. Love me some Ani DiFranco...and your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Megan. When we look up the possibilities are endless. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, I feel like I just spent the day with you! Thanks for inspiring me to look up today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. This encouraged me to spend some time glancing up, and I was rewarded by astounding views. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try looking up today! Thanks, Megan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment