Pantsing the Principal for the Win

 

When I wrote the Aleca Zamm series, I had a lot of fun coming up with crazy situations that could arise from a ten year old having the ability to stop time. But after a few school visits, I quickly learned that one scene stole the show.

 

In the first book in the series, Aleca uses her newfound ability to cut the mean principal's suspenders while time stands still. When time starts again, the principal's pants fall down, exposing his sailboat boxer shorts to the entire class. 

One school I visited asked each of the children to write me a note about their favorite part in the books. I'd say 90% mentioned the pants incident.

 

So this highly scientific study proves that if you want comedy gold, just pants the principal. 

 

(Offered with my apologies to all the nice principals out there.)

 

Ginger Rue's next book, Wonder Women of Science, is now available for pre-order. Co-authored with rocket scientist Tiera Fletcher, who is currently working with NASA on the Mars mission, the book profiles a dozen amazing women (besides Tiera!) who are blazing new trails in their respective STEM fields.



Comments

Post a Comment