And Now for Something Completely Different...

It's "Get Caught Reading" Month, and I never would've guessed what you'll catch me reading this May!

I was never one for math and science (my physics and chemistry teachers from high school probably still have PTSD!), but this month, I'm working on a STEM project, so I'm reading all sorts of things I never thought I'd look at twice.




So far, I'm loving Jack Challoner's Smithsonian STEM Lab, which explains lots of things I never bothered to even wonder about (if you need me to build you a raft out of empty water bottles, just let me know) and Catherine Thimmesh and Melissa Sweet's  Girls Think of Everything, which had me at chapter one...when they paid homage to Ruth Wakefield, inventor of the chocolate chip cookie. I can't decide whether I should thank her profusely or curse the day I first savored one of her incredible inventions, but it was neat to learn her story!

I find that reading things outside my usual comfort zone is pretty cool. What about you? What will you get caught reading this month?

Ginger Rue is the author of the Aleca Zamm series from Aladdin and the Tig Ripley series from Sleeping Bear.


Comments

Post a Comment