PRODUCTIVE USE OF THAT EXTRA DAY February Theme by Tamera Wissinger

This winter has turned out to be busy and productive. Over the holidays I worked on the end matter for my verse novel that’s arriving next year and on February 2nd I welcomed a new picture book into the world. Now my focus is shifting. I want to think about what I’d like to work on next. I need to organize, clean, repair things around the house, and I want to create an art or craft project. So I’m arming myself. I’m making a list of those house projects, looking at new crochet patterns, thinking about what creative projects I’d like to jump into. I went to Target for supplies. I wandered past the crafts, coloring books, crayons. My heart skipped a beat when I came across this 64 pack of Crayola Pip Squeak Skinnies markers. (That never happens in the cleaning-supply aisle.) I have an eight-pack of these little gems at home that I’ve nearly doodled dry, but now I have 64 lovely new markers ready for any doodle project!
Tamera's Pip Squeaks.
(This is not a paid endorsement,
I just love 'em.)

I’m ready for leap day. Sure, I want to spend that extra day doing something useful around the house. And I will. Honestly I will. But first I must doodle. The good news is, whenever I doodle, other creative ideas bubbles up. Of course, the same thing happens when I clean. But what fun would it be to do my work first and play later?  

Cheers to you and whatever you decide to do with your leap day!
~~~~~
W for Writer, or Woo Hoo!
(or maybe filling the well?)
Tamera Wissinger writes stories and poetry for children including Gone Fishing: A Novel in Verse, This Old Band, and her newest picture book: There Was An Old Lady Who Gobbled a Skink. Her verse novel Gone Camping arrives next year. You can connect with Tamera online at her website, on Twitter, or on Facebook.



Comments

  1. Had no idea they came in a 64 box...brings back fond memories of the 64 pack of crayons we coveted as kids. Have to grab some of these for my own doodling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I want those markers, too!!! And I don't even draw or doodle. But maybe I would if they came into my life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment