Goodbye for Now

I do really well with deadlines. I like to not just meet them but beat them. Having one imposed on me from outside is best, but I can give myself one, too. It needs to be specific. Like, I'm working on a project now, and I have "mid-August" in my head. Not good enough. I need to choose a date. Actually, let's do it now. August 18th. I will have that draft revised and to my agent by August 18th.

Okay, now that that's settled, I'll get back to the matter at hand. Our theme this month is celebrations and breaks, and that's what I need to do: take a break from Smack Dab. (Sniff!). It's been great for me to have a deadline each month and a theme or topic. It has made me examine my own work and process, and learn from the other bloggers. But, this fall I will be going back to work as a school librarian. I don't want the Smack Dab deadline to become a burden as I try to juggle all my repsonsibilities. I want to be able to enjoy this blog. So, I am going to bow out for now. I hope to come back some day, but I will certainly be reading and enjoying the wisdom of my fellow Smack Dab bloggers. Thank you for letting me be a part of this great group!

Comments

  1. We'll miss you! I've really enjoyed your posts, and I'm looking forward to reading your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss your inspiring thoughts on the art of writing. Best wishes at ALL your future endeavors. Some kids are going to be very fortunate to have you as a librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you and your lovely posts. I hope your school year is full of lots of adventures and joy. I'll be looking for your next book. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss you, too, Megan! Can't wait to see this book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment