I Really Need to Get Going (Holly Schindler)

I really need to finish drafting this year’s Ruby’s Place installment.

I really need to find some art directors to submit to.

I really need to finish my first font.

I really need to list my latest greeting card on Etsy.

I really need to enter Spoonflower’s latest design challenge.

I really need to finish that floral illustration course.

And the Illustrator course.

And the photography course.

And there will always be another group of really needs after these are done, so many of them that today, the best thing to do was lie beneath the sweetgum tree on a sweet June day and watch the clouds above turn summersaults.

~

Holly Schindler is the author of the MG The Junction of Sunshine and Lucky. She is also running a series on plotting through character (rather than action) on her Substack

Comments