Color Me RED!

 Hello! Today is a red-letter day...because EVERY day is a red-letter day! (Just ask a dog!)

See below a poem from my ArtSpeak! RED year (2020)...which is part of an ongoing weekly-poems-inspired-by-art project I've had going since 2015. 

Each year I choose a theme, and 2020 is the only year (so far) I selected a COLOR. What a fun year! Click here to view the padlet gallery and read them all!



Because Every Day is a Red-Letter Day

wake up

                            wake up


a new day is here


time to wiggle. wander

                wonder.  wag


chew through the blues


new day

                      new you

- Irene Latham



Today truly is a red-letter day because I can now call myself a children's poetry anthologist, as the anthology The Mistakes That Made Us: Confessions from Twenty Poets, poems selected by Irene Latham and Charles Waters, illus. by Mercè López is out in the world finding readers. Woohoo! I hope you'll check it out...you will love the real-life stories from these brave poets!


Finally, I offer you an autumn poem, since autumn, in my mind, is THE season of color. Thanks so much for reading!



with a fox for

a soul, it blazes all hours

this autumn maple

- Irene Latham



Comments

  1. Hooray! This is such a beautiful book. I'm anxiously awaiting it to come to me from my public library. They are so generous in purchasing books I ask them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful library Linda. And thank you for another wonderfuil book of poetry, Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, I love the idea of using a color as a theme!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment