Cosmic Apple Winter Solstice Tree: Smack Dab in the Imagination by Dia Calhoun

In celebration of the winter solstice and holiday season, every year I make a unique winter solstice tree.


This year's Cosmic Apple Tree came from a dream where I made a large red apple out of clay. I was trying to figure out how to circle it with the rings of Saturn, when I woke up. The apple, as a symbol of physical life on earth, combined with the cosmic rings of a shining planet, suggests that the physical world is radiant with eternal spiritual force. The star is a spiral galaxy. Other details are streamers of the Milky Way with crystal hummingbirds, silver butterflies, crescent moons, and stars.



To see my Winter Solstice Trees from years past, click here.

My best wishes to all for peace and mercy in the coming year.

`~Dia Calhoun

Comments

  1. I love the idea of a Winter Solstice Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I love the dangly crystals. My tree is more my life in ornament format, so not very coordinated, although I did manage to put 35 years worth of snowflake ornaments in the front this year. You could get a side gig putting up trees for people. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment