Road Trip of Your Dreams: Smack Dab in the Imagination by Dia Calhoun

COVID-19 may have us parked at home this summer, but that's no reason not to crank up your imagination and set out on the road trip of your dreams. Where do you want to go? Italy? Sure, you could Google walk the duomo in Siena, but why choose a destination you could actually physically visit? Why not choose a destination--or the entire journey--you can ONLY visit in your imagination?

I wanted to go to Huntsville, Alabama. You heard me right. I planned to visit the Butterfly House in the famous Botanical Gardens  with a friend--until, you guessed it--COVID-19. Since I can't do that, this summer I am takinga road trip as a butterfly. I'm going to choose a fifty mile route and see a little piece of the world with new eyes.  I can't take any luggage. No coffee. What will the rest stops be like? What will be wondrous to me as a butterfly that I'd pass right by as a lumbering human?

Stay tuned.

Wouldn't this be fun to do with your kids?

Comments

  1. I have always coveted flight as a super power and would love to travel with a birds-eye view. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment