Six 2017 Must-Read Middle Grade Novels Featuring Animals

wee me with a miniature pony
named Cinnamon (and her foal Sugar)
I write about all sorts of things, and for all ages. But one thing all my books have in common is... animals.

I love animals!

And as a middle grader, I really loved animals. Horses, in particular. So grown-up-reader-me is pretty much always looking out for middle grade fiction that features animals.

Here are six 2017 titles I am particularly excited about:

The Unlikely Story of a Pig by Jodi Kendall (coming Oct. 3)

Roll by Darcy Miller (now available)

One Amazing Elephant by Linda Oatman High (now available)

The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis (now available)

A Dog Like Daisy by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb (coming June 13)

One Trick Pony by Nathan Hale (now available)

Readers, what 2017 middle grade novels featuring animals are YOU excited about?
----------------------
Irene Latham is the author of more than a dozen current and forthcoming books, including two novels for children: Leaving Gee's Bend (which features a mule named Delilah) and Don't Feed the Boy (which is set at a zoo and features all sorts of animals, including a boy named Whit). irenelatham.com

Comments

Post a Comment