Lightness as the Winter Solstice Approaches

Even in the sunshine state as the winter solstice approaches darkness seems to arrive much too soon. A few holiday seasons ago when we were first acclimating to this region, my husband shared a 2012 video of Matt Harding (of Where the Heck is Matt) dancing with people all around the world. Maybe you’ve seen it. It’s one of my favorite videos to watch. It’s filled with so much joy! In addition to the wonderful dancing people, the song lyrics are inspirational. I’m especially drawn in by these words:

“And in the morning light I’ll remember

as the sun will rise,

We are all glowing embers

of a distant fire.”

When I read what Matt’s up to now – another video in 2016 – I feel more inspiration. So many people in so many places around the world joyfully working together next year to create something for the world. On these short winter days and long nights, I wish you  joy – and dancing.





~~~~~~ 
Tamera Wissinger writes stories and poetry for children including Gone Fishing: A Novel in Verse, This Old Band, and the forthcoming There Was An Old Lady Who Gobbled a Skink and Gone Camping: A Novel in Verse. Tamera is a big fan of light, music, joy and dancing. You can connect with Tamera online at her website, on Twitter, or on Facebook.

Comments

  1. What a lovely sentiment! I too take comfort in the thought of so many people "joyfully working to create something for the world."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of all of us being embers in the same fire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment