Thursday, March 19, 2015

Writing Pitfalls (March Theme) by Kristin Levine


Writing group today reminded me of a mistake I sometimes make - which is feeling like I must perfect a piece of writing before I show it to anyone.  Now, I'm not saying you should send off an unpolished draft to an agent or editor, but sometimes another opinion, a fresh pair of eyes, can help to resolve a problem in half the time.

Another mistake middle-grade writers sometimes make is only getting feedback from other (adult) writers.  Kids make wonderful advance readers and can sometimes put their finger on a problem that grown-ups miss. 

Now I'm off to convince my nine year old and her friends to read another draft of my new book!   

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. We need feedback at all levels of the writing. Thanks for this great reminder Kristin.

    ReplyDelete