December Fun - Paying it Forward by Kristin Levine


Earlier this month, two friends and I were planning a day trip to New York City.  A few days before we were supposed to leave, I got a text from my friend, saying our third friend had canceled. 
I can get a refund for the train, but what are we going to do about the extra Rockettes ticket?
No worries, I texted back.  I think I know someone who might want to go.
I wrote a quick email to my editor, Stacey Barney, before I went to bed.  Even though it was after 11 PM, I knew she was a night-owl.  Sure enough, the next morning I had an email from her.
The Rockettes?  I've never been!  How much is the ticket?
After three books together, countless emails and calls, and a trip to ALA in Vegas, I didn't even have to think before replying:
This one is on me.


Of course we had a great time.  And I was so grateful to finally get to do something for her.
PS.  Just for kicks, here's a pic of me dancing on the "Big" piano at FAO Schwartz.  Hey, my excuse is that I'm a middle-grade writer - it's my job to think like a kid!

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to play that thing! Looks like a blast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this! You guys look like you had so much fun! Also, we're Stacey sisters! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment