October Theme: What Inspires Me? by Michael Townsend

What Inspires Me...?

Coffee Inspires me to wake up.

Legos Inspire me to build.

The wordless cartoons of Quino Inspire me to make cartoons.

The Art of David Shrigley Inspires me to make art.

Showers don’t Inspire me to shower but Elephants do.

The xx’s debut album inspires me to draw when I’m too tired to draw...

The Art of Henri Rousseau inspires me to paint places I’ve never been to...

The 1957 Movie Version of 12 Angry Men Inspires me to make a movie...

Chickens Inspire me to lay eggs...

Or is it eggs Inspire me to lay chickens?

Edward Gorey Inspires me to get my pen and ink on...

Boring stuff Inspires me to write...

Exciting stuff Inspires me to write...

Check marks Inspire me to make lists...

Hamsters Inspire me to stick food in my cheeks...

Wagner Inspires me to drink whiskey...

My being tired has Inspired me to bring this Inspirational list to an end...

Or is it the Wagner...?

Either way...

The End...

Michael Townsend

Comments

  1. Getting through a rewrite inspires me to get organized...my dog inspires me to take life less seriously...every waking moment of the day inspires me to write...Love this post, Michael...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment